Steve Jobs once gave a speech about the Six Best Doctors in the World.
According to him, they are:
As I think about this list, I can’t help but relate to it as a busy working mom. Because these are the first things we tend to give up when we are stressed out.
And giving these up creates a downward spiral that can take us under if we’re not careful.
So with that in mind, I’ve adapted Steve’s 6 Best Doctors in the world…Brilliant Balance style.
Here are the six things busy working mamas need to combat stress and stay healthy and happy.
- Sunlight. Get outside! If you’re in the midwest like I am, it’s FINALLY SPRING and you probably don’t need much of an excuse to get some fresh air. It’s for your health and your sanity.
- Rest. It’s powerful. Turn off the TV. Put down your phone. Commit to getting the rest you need and protect it at all costs.
- Exercise. Staying in your regular exercise routine will help you have the energy you need to tackle that ever growing to-do list.
- Diet. It’s ok to indulge from time to time, but most of your focus should be on getting GOOD FOOD IN, which will consist mostly of vegetables, grains, and healthy proteins. And don’t forget water – in addition to sleep and exercise, hydration is a key component to maintaining energy!
- Self-confidence. Remember – in the world of social media, the beautiful family photos filling your feed are based on one golden moment in time, not everyday life. Let’s not compare the complexity of our behind-the-scenes reality to anyone else’s highlight reel.
- Friends. This doesn’t have to be a complicated evening event. Why not find a little time one-on-one this month with someone who fills your soul. A quick cup of coffee or even a casual meet-up after you’re done with the bedtime/bath routine are fairly easy to schedule.
When stress arises, these are going to be the first thing to go. Don’t lose sight of them, my friends. They are some of the key things you need to bring you back to a good place.
Oh, and do you want to be one of the 100 women at Brilliant Balance Live? Tickets are going fast, so register today and join us in Cincinnati!
Are you ready to unleash your full potential this year?