Two weeks down and two to go in the November gratitude challenge. I’ve heard from some of you that the Comparison Shift was eye opening and I loved hearing that so many of you are keeping up with the Gratitude Field Journal all month long! (You overachievers, you.)
Today, I’m introducing the third challenge, and I think you’re really going to like this one! It has the power to make your day while you’re making someone else’s! Ready?
The Post- It Challenge
This week you’re going to carry a pad of Post-It notes and a Sharpie around with you. Each day, you’ll find three people who deserve to be thanked, and leave a Post-It note with some words of gratitude where they’re sure to find it!
A few ideas:
- On the lid of your garbage can on trash day
- Inside your mailbox for the postal worker
- With the check at a restaurant
- On the bathroom mirror at work for the cleaning person
- On your child’s school nurse’s desk
- On the windshield of the driver who let you have the parking spot
- On the dresser for the housekeeper at your hotel
In the spirit of this particular challenge, keep your eyes open for people you might not normally pay attention to in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Who are the people that live in the background, whose efforts go largely unnoticed or unappreciated?