As school ends and another summer break begins, with its roughly 80 sun-soaked days stretching out ahead of us, are you feeling a little anxious and wondering why?
Well, here’s why. Summer is supposed to be the best time of the year. The anticipation has been building for months. And now you’re in charge of making the magic happen. Yikes.
Frankly, I think we put too much pressure on summer, and therefore on ourselves.
First, let me be the first to say that my vision for my family is a three month stretch of simple pleasures. I love nothing more than having my backyard full of sweaty, laughing, lemonade-drinking, kickball-playing kids.
But guess what? My weekday routine actually isn’t changing much. I’m still getting up and going to work, just like I did all school year.
So how am I going to make the magic happen for my kids while I’m away in the office?
Cue the summer working mom guilt, right?
But it doesn’t have to be that way. On today’s podcast, we’re talking about summer break strategies for working moms that really work. You can take full advantage of the fun and work within the time you have to create lasting memories - you just need a mental reframe.
As a kid, summers were just plain awesome. Those carefree days you spent at the pool, on family vacations, or just hanging out with your friends have become treasured memories.
But as a working mom, summers are a lot more stressful. You want to make sure your kids create the same kinds of memories, and yet you have to work.
Here’s the good news: Your job and your summer plans don’t have to be at war. You can make this season memorable and kick butt at work, all at the same time. This episode will show you how.
- How to create a “summer schedule” for long, relaxing evenings with the family after a productive day at work. ([4:00])
- The “apprenticeship method” you can use to prepare your kids for adulthood and take some work off your plate at the same time. ([6:10])
- 8 skills to teach your kids before they move out of your house. ([7:05])
- How to make sure your kids have an amazing summer break — even when you have to work. ([10:20])
- Why you SHOULD let your kids get bored. ([14:25])
This will be a summer to remember for sure.
Register for my FREE training - The 3 Keys to Unlock Your Full Potential!
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group: