Are you feeling overworked? Crazy busy? Stretched too thin? You know you should be prioritizing your health and family, but it seems impossible when there are so many things that need to get done.
How do you decide what is most important?
In this episode, bestselling author Greg McKeown joins me to discuss the benefits of essentialism, the false dichotomy between yes and no, and how to set up your phone for maximum productivity.
Show highlights include:
- The secret to overcoming your feeling of being overly busy and stretched too thin ([4:16])
- Why having lots of great opportunities is bad for your business ([6:09])
- This technique holds the key to effectively prioritizing your life ([8:15])
- Why having children makes it easier to become an essentialist ([11:27])
- The #1 thing you can do TODAY to become an essentialist ([12:30])
- Why saying no is often the most polite thing you can do ([16:35])
- Why the ability to courageously defend your position is one of the most important skills you can have ([21:45])
- The counterintuitive way perfectionism destroys essentialism ([23:49])
- A fresh new way to think about your “mission” ([26:09])
- The devastating drawback to flexibility ([31:05])
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group:
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work:
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough: