Who are you following online? Who has your attention? This may not seem like that big of a deal, but the truth is that we are profoundly impacted by the messages we internalize on a regular basis. Sometimes the effects are so subtle that you don’t realize it until it builds up and hits you all at once.
From body image to current events, you are getting bombarded with hundreds of messages every day and they shape your world-view whether you like it or not.
In today’s episode, I discuss how to curate the information you receive, how social media shapes your thoughts and opinions, and five key questions to ask about your online environment.
Show highlights include:
- How social media changed the way others influence your life ([4:45])
- This simple exercise highlights how specifically tailored your social media feed is ([5:35])
- A fundamental question to ask yourself about the information you receive ([8:06])
- How the pandemic amplifies the impact of curation ([10:41])
- Five questions to ask yourself to determine how your online environment is affecting you ([12:27])
- The bravest thing you can do to combat the effects of curation ([15:20])
- Online environments you should avoid like the plague ([18:26])
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group:
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work:
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough: