Some of the most difficult situations to face in life are times of uncertainty. Believe it or not, most of us are better able to cope and prepare when we know something bad is going to happen versus when we’re not sure what to expect. Uncertainty can cause your brain to spiral out of control with worst-case scenarios.
In this episode, I’ll shed some light on how to handle your biological and psychological stress responses, including ways to prepare for that worst-case scenario, and things you must do to maintain balance when you don’t know what’s next.
Show highlights include:
- The biological reason worry is worse for you than what you’re worried about ([3:01])
- Understanding this psychological truth about your response to threats will get you through any situation ([3:52])
- How your brain reacts to uncertainty and how use this to your advantage ([4:43])
- These 2 important steps will bring you back to balance in times of stress ([7:45])
- A step-by-step process to prepare yourself for the worst-case scenario ([10:43])
- The secret to making good decisions when faced with uncertainty ([12:24])
- This is one of the most important things to get right when you’re stressed ([12:39])
- The simple but magical ways to knock out mental clutter so you can think clearly ([15:18])
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group:
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work:
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough: